Tuesday, March 8, 2011

You can tell a person by...


...the times on their blog posts. If you studied mine (not that I have many to study) you would come to these 2 conclusions:
#1 She is a night owl
#2 She is disorganized

Some people post at almost exactly the same time every day (well, every time they post) and I think, "huh! They have a routine. Very impressive." And then I go on to think that they are probably also in bed at a reasonable time. I'm not there yet...

Anyway!

Don't you think this makes for a very interesting hour:

Going for a walk in the woods with your 2 siblings (intending to go to all our "places" and have some fun running around) and coming across a man and a lady and their dog and falling into conversation and walking all around with them for the next hour and showing them our amazing junk pile only to find out that it really was a secret junk pile and that the man had been wondering where it was (having been told about it by his friend who put the 100 year old things there) and then finding out that the man was a Pantheist and his wife, a contemporary Christian and that he does not believe in God but then he believes that God is in everything (opposing ideas here?) and then debating him all the way to their car while his wife was on the phone (only he did most of the talking and the only way to get a word in edgewise was to say, "Sooo," or, "Can I ask you a question?").

It was very interesting...

It was very good for me too, because I try very hard to learn my worldview and how to debate and I debate all sorts of people in my head, but I've never had a real (and friendly) person to practice on.

I'm no good.

I initiated the conversation by asking him what he believed and then just listened and told God, "I know nothing. You must show me what to say." Dad has warned me of how atheists go off on tangents. Well, this one sure did. He dogmatically believed that the Muslim faith was wrong but when I asked him why it was wrong, he only said to my siblings, "Is she always like this? Why, why why?" I was only repeating what dad has taught me to say. I was desperately trying to keep him consistent to his "God-free" world view, but he kept going off into Greek mythology. I said, as respectfully as I could, "back to the Muslim thing, do you believe that the Muslim faith is wrong because they believe in Jihad--because they kill people?"
When he finally said yes, I asked him why killing was wrong. He didn't say. He went on to say that the Bible is a compilation of different men's writings inspired by Greek mythology, to help bring peace to this world and that if people believed in it that was fine and good. I said, "The Muslims believe the Koran is good." 

Oh, well...that's how it goes...
I still have much to learn and I've probably bored you all off to other blogs. It's quite late now, 12:20 am.=)

I had better go to bed, only I haven't put up any pictures and a post is not interesting without pictures, so here you go!

"Don't you let go, Mr. Frodo!"
(His forefinger's missing, can't you tell?)

Ok! The next picture is something we like to do on accident. When we take a picture and realize we took a picture of something hard to see (or in any way disguised), we put it in the file label, "Can you see it?"
Well, can you?


I'll put a different one up every day till I run out.
   
Yours, Taralyn~


No comments:

Post a Comment