This is my first ever post and since I can't think of a first-time-blog-post thing to write, I'll let you know what type of homeschooler I am:
Many people have asked me this question: “So, when do you graduate?”
Even though I know I don’t believe in graduating from high school, up until recently I’ve not given a clear answer to questions like these. I know we should never stop reading and never stop learning. But then, what exactly is learning?
One person said to me, “I mean, when do you graduate from grammar and stuff like that?”
I must constantly remind myself to stand firm on what I believe the Bible to say and not to be intimidated by other people’s traditions and also not to be afraid to say boldly what I mean. “Always be ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you.” 1 Peter 3:15
I don’t believe we should ever graduate—even from grammar.
Perhaps “graduating” comes about from a false view on education. God wrote His book (the Ultimate Curriculum) for every man, woman and child to read and to study for their entire lives. We find in the Bible, science, history, math, language, music, spelling, poetry and grammar and we learn these things in order to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. This is our chief end and we will never graduate from it.
I feel that I am only just beginning to learn the things that I need to equip myself with. I am still learning to honor my Father and Mother. This is the most important thing, because this is how, as children, we honor God.
When we are finally “equipped for every good work,” when we have learned to honor and obey, then I think we are ready to graduate. And this graduation ceremony is called marriage. It does not excuse us from honoring God—not even close—it only brings us to a much higher calling.
I encourage you to keep on learning and never stop fulfilling your life mission.
For of him and through him and to him are all things.
To him be the glory forever!
Amen.
Sola Scriptura!
~Taralyn Rose~
No comments:
Post a Comment