Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thank God for Nails!

I cut my finger (and the tip of my nail) fooling around with the knife, trying to cut carrots professionally. It's not bad and it didn't hurt, I only like counting how many times my nails have saved me from knives. 

Once I took a slice over the top of my thumb nail with our freshly sharpened meat knife.

I seriously thank God for nails...

Though, in our family, it's also a good thing to cut yourself. When we get a new pocket knife, we say that it's not actually ours till it has drawn some of our blood (on accident, of course).

It might also be fun to be cut (after the fact), because then you have scars to show. Like I have one on the inside of my left middle finger because Tasha (my sister) cut me with scissors when I was a baby. It was an accident. She wouldn't do it on purpose--though, I probably deserved it.



To change the subject, I have decided that I need to slow down and enjoy the small beauties in life, so I am going to go outside each day (or maybe sometimes stay inside) to take pictures and I'll post my favorite one. I know there is still beauty in a cloudy, soggy, midwinter afternoon. There are raindrops on bare branches and cardinals and their wives with beautiful orange beaks. I saw one today, sitting on our deck rail.

Just thinking, from the pictures I've posted, you might think that we live on a farm with lots of horses. Sorry to burst your bubble, but we live in the suburbs with neighbors on one side and a very small yard. But it's not at all bad, because we have woods in our back yard and six deer and an 8-point buck that walk through every day. And then we have a field and woods on the side where there are no neighbors and at the bottom of our dead-end-hill-road (we're the last house) there is 50 acres of woods (where we found the Pantheist) which we walk through to go to the library. We are very blessed. 
Can you see it (them)?

Picture of the day:

It was very difficult to find any beauty today, but eventually I did, in an angle and a lone tree. It's on our feild.
I hope you like it.










Yours, Taralyn~

P.S. I write very boring things...

No comments:

Post a Comment