It had a broken wing
Dad bandaged it to its body and
Tasha wrapped the bird in rabbit fur
and put it in a basket
in a bird cage
all night
I poked it this morning when I woke up
and it fluttered and squawked
and then was quiet
so I knew he was still alive
and I let him be
Now he is getting his wing re-dressed in Dad's office. Dad should be an animal doctor. He understands them,
how they feel.
We shoveled dirt into a trailer and then we ate lunch and then Calvin cut down trees with a chainsaw
and you had to take care of yourself because he did not look where they were falling. I think it's best that way
just look after yourself
it takes the stress off others
if you are capable of it...
We haven't thought of a name for the bird yet...
too many birds to name since the chickens came and all
The bird with the broken wing must wait
I did not know that snakes pooped
until today
it pooped all over my hands
it smells too
I think it is a very effective defense mechanism
like a skunk, maybe
We found a beetle that, if you pinch it in your fingers (not to hurt it) it will crack it's head up and down
and it's like little firecrackers between your fingers
Dandelions are very hard to draw (just thought I'd tell you, in case you try)
Tasha came in the room and said, "The little birdy is still alive, so he deserves a name."
(Because, you see, we don't like to get attached to something if it will die soon.)
Let me know if you think of one. We could do with a bit of help. There are only so many names you can come up with for the same species of animal in the course of two weeks.
It's about the size of a small egg, only more delicate. He has a large, pointy beak and he looks a trifle grumpy
or maybe he's only confused
we can't tell
I have to go to the library and read about Robert the Bruce and that last battle that won the Scots their freedom. It should be good.
"In the Year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland - starving and outnumbered - charged the fields of Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets; they fought like Scotsmen, and won their freedom."
Dominus Vobiscum [that's God be with you in Latin, I believe]
~Taralyn Rose~
Loved this post, delightful to read! :]
ReplyDeleteaww, I wanna see your bird! As for name ideas...
ReplyDeleteMurron. (because Robert the Bruce will always bring Braveheart to my mind, historical inaccuracy aside. ;)
Charlie. (although let's hope the little fellow doesn't bite!)
Sir Egglston. (after K's adorable, small, fat, grumpy, and/or confused doodles.)
Rapper. (because the rapture was supposed to happen today. ;)
Jack. (because it's an all-around good name... but better if your bird happens to be a sparrow...)
Hahaha! Thank you Laura!
ReplyDeleteI like the names =D
You know...those might be wonderful names for some of the chicks...
I think that's a brilliant idea, really.
I thought of it myself.
The nameless birdy fellow got a name today: Grumpy. Calvin thought he should be named Grumpy.
I'll post a picture of the Grumpy fellow =) How about now?