Talking of sending Emma the tabby outside now to catch mice.
Javie: Taralyn, what's a mouse?
Taralyn: It's a--
Javie: Is it a chipmunk?
Taralyn: It's kind of related to a chipmunk.
Calvin: It is?
Taralyn: It's got fur and whiskers.
Javie: Taralyn, Emma has fur, too...
Taralyn: Ha...
I imagine they play like children in a Stevenson poem. With sticks and rubber bands
and digging in the dirt.
They play at pirates in the teepee they built of branches
and in the rowboat at the bottom of the yard.
I'm glad they have each other -- eight months ago, they didn't know each other.
"You in a garden...
"With me were king and queen,
Were hunter, soldier, tar,
And all the thousand things that children are."
Eight months ago, Javie gained back his brother and sister and playmate and Lizeth gained back two brothers and I didn't imagine I'd ever have four brothers. Family never felt like this before. Being one of many changed things -- made me want to stay and be part of these lives and do more things for others and less things for myself.
I realize this family has been our desire for a long time and God's grace slowly guided us and we like where we find ourselves.
It's not perfect, but we're growing in grace.
And these two are growing in favor with one another.
You can imagine it was not this way in the beginning. God's grace works in the little one's lives.
They set up a cross and said Jesus died on it.
And then they put a worm on it and said that the worm died on it, too.
THE END
[Pictures courtesy of Tasha.]
No comments:
Post a Comment