Oh oh oh, so many things go on at the same time. Life is never boring. Always something to do or plan for. There’s the future to think about, next month to talk about, two weeks to prepare for, drawings to be finished today, bread to bake this minute, and I’m loving it. I’m drawing again. I love drawing, but how little I have to show for it. I began working on a drawing yesterday, and found that it was easy, almost too easy and a tiny bit bland. I’m feeling the need, gradually, to create in color. I want to make something big. I think I’m ready to paint. I’ll have a go at it and see what happens.
I’m reading a biographical novel of Michelangelo: The Agony and the Ecstasy. It’s inspiring and motivating and humbling. I can’t wait to get to the part about painting the Sistine Chapel.
For the past couple of days, I’ve been organizing the books in the library room where I sleep. They were all in the wrong places and in no order at all. They hadn’t been touched since we moved in a year and a half ago. In our other house I used to stand in front of the book cases and stare at the books and walk up and down and read their spines and put them in the right order, by author and favoritism. I memorized where each one stood on the shelf so that I could picture it in my mind. It works like therapy on me, organizing and memorizing. I place the books on the shelf in order from best to worst down the right wall and mix and shuffle the colors until they look nice—I put useful stuff and nice-looking stuff on the top shelf, best in the middle, and non-book stuff on the bottom. My books-on-writing shelf is organized in the order in which I read them. The shelf next it, at eye level, is our childhood favorites: Enid Blyton and the Swallows and Amazons. The two book cases in the corner hold, on one, girls’ fiction, and on the other, boys’ fiction- hardest to easiest, best to worst. It’s very fun. Maybe I’m strange. Honestly, I don’t know.
Nuff about books.
Thinking about stuff. I’ve grown spiritually and in maturity maybe 80% in the past four months. Tasha says she has, too. We all have. It was training- so, we’re ready now. We wonder. What’s in God’s perfect plan for us next? To do with helping kids. We’re waiting, discussing. Tonight we said, yup, we’re ready. Let’s go for it. We’d like it whatever it is. So, there you have it.
Oh. And a happy note: we’re going to a rodeo tomorrow, Friday. Pretty exciting, though I don’t know what to expect. It’ll be good.
I’d better be off. Goodnight.
=) hey taralyn...how was the rodeo???
ReplyDeleteMissing you loadz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
loves from
Sara