[I'm remembering my little boy today and praying
though I don't know what words to pray.
God says He protects the innocent and judges the wicked. I believe that.
...Would you pray for Jeramiah?
He's heavy on my heart.]
He's heavy on my heart.]
[This song says it well.
It says what I want to say when people ask why.
"Why are you doing this to yourself?"
What can I say?
We do it for You.]
Look into My eyes, you will see
What you mean to Me
Search your heart,
What you mean to Me
Search your heart,
search your soul
And when you find Me there you'll search no more
And when you find Me there you'll search no more
Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
...You know it's true
Everything I do, I do it for You
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
...You know it's true
Everything I do, I do it for You
Look into your heart, you will find
There's nothin' there to hide
Take me as I am, take my life
I would give it all,
There's nothin' there to hide
Take me as I am, take my life
I would give it all,
I would sacrifice
Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
You know it's true
Everything I do, I do it for You
There's no love, like Your love
And no other,
And no other,
could give more love
There's nowhere, unless You're there
All the time,
There's nowhere, unless You're there
All the time,
all the way
Look into your heart
Oh, you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
Yeah, I would fight for You, I'd lie for You
Walk the wire for You, yeah I'd die for You
Walk the wire for You, yeah I'd die for You
You know it's true
Everything I do, oh, I do it for You
And we'll see it through
Oh we'll see it through
Oh yeah
Look into your heart
You can't tell me it ain't worth dying for...
"He will bring justice to the poor of the people.
He will save the children of the needy, and will break in pieces the oppressor."
[I want to write more -
Though, I hope this post will do for tonight.]
It says what I want to say when people ask why.
ReplyDelete"Why are you doing this to yourself?"
Do you mean people ask you why you invest so much of your time and energy into the kids?
It's true of course that you do it for God. I think, though, that even secular people have some understanding of the satisfaction that comes from making an impression on young people. That's why people become teachers.
There is one significant difference though (among others), between the efforts of the nonbeliever and the efforts of the believer:
"Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible." (1 Cor 9:25)
Awesome lighting.
ReplyDeleteI'll pray.
~Bree
Thank you for your thoughts, Conrad :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd, Mollie, thank you for your prayers.
God bless.