Friday, June 29, 2012

That Is Beauty

There is a beauty in raising children. I experience this beauty every day, but today is another kind.


 
The beauty is in silence today
and thunder and rain
in two people I've known my whole life
and the dark house with one or two lamps burning
only light enough to see the pages of a book.
It's in the music playing
and the Psalms I'm reading.
Thunder and lightning and rain
makes me quiet
because I see God in His majesty
in the power of a storm
and He is ever so much more majestic
than one storm. He is all storms combined
from the begining to the end of time
at once.
And I feel so small
and blessed.

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
what is man that You are mindful of him..?

And then I only want
to live for Him.


King David has the words and I don't.

The God of glory thunders;
the Lord is over many waters.
The voice of the Lord is powerful:
the voice of the Lord is full of majesty.

...The voice of the Lord shakes the wilderness...
...the voice of the Lord makes the deer give birth,
and strips the forests bare;
and in His temple everyone says, "Glory!"


Give unto the Lord the glory due to His name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.


That's how we love God. We be holy. It's simple like faith.

Faith gets simpler every day I'm alive as I gradually surrender and begin to watch and marvel at His story. It's true. The Bible, I mean. It says, "..Our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name." And, "For the word of the Lord is right, and all His work is done in truth."


Let your mercy, O Lord, be upon us, just as we hope in You.

The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the plans of His heart to all generations. Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord...

It's trust that makes us happy.

I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces were not ashamed.

I could think all day on one verse from Psalms.

Who is the man who desires life, and loves many days, that he may see good?
Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit. Depart from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.


I should go. I have laundry to fold.


~


Little guy went back today





We'll miss you!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful.

    I love storms. And the way the world turns green.

    ~Bree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glory to God. I love you.

    ReplyDelete