Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Come...

thou Fount of every blessing
tune my heart to sing thy grace


streams of mercy, never ceasing


call for songs of loudest praise


teach me some melodious sonnet, sung by flaming tongues above 
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it


 mount of God's unchanging love.


 Here


 I raise my Ebenezer


Hither
by they help
             I'm come 

And I hope, by thy good pleasure, safely to arrive at home


Jesus sought me when a stranger, wandering
                               from the fold of God


He, to rescue me from danger, interposed his precious blood


Oh, to grace


How great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be


Let that grace now
                like a fetter


bind my wandering heart to thee


Prone to wander


 Lord, I feel it


Prone to leave the God I love



Here's my heart, O take and seal it


Seal it for thy courts above.




Amen.



                                                                            
                                                                       -Robert Robinson, 1758


7 comments:

  1. Taralyn, you're not really leaving the God you love are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Pictures!

    Wait. There's a cute little kid in a cage. :)

    I really like the picture of the four kids in black and white and your mom and Jeremiah together and the picture of the five of you. (You should take a picture of all of you together. Or have someone else... Not that I would be demanding or anything.)

    ~Bree

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was beautiful. So beautiful!! I love your blog so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peterson 1 & Peterson 2- Hello :-)

    *Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love*

    Prone I am, which doesn't mean I'm *contemplating* any such thing, but I am prone, bent, by nature. I am prone to wander and leave, even in little things such as thinking, 'I don't want to do this, God,' which is wandering and leaving, in a way, if you think about it...

    Here's what the Dictionary defines:

    prone; adj. Inclined; propense; disposed; having an inclination to do something; prone to evil; prone to strife...

    We all are. But I would never leave the God I love :-)

    Bree- Hey there! I hope you don't get to thinking the cute kid is always in the cage. Only, when he is in the cage is the most opportune time to snap pictures ;-)

    And, yes! We just did get pictures of us all, so I might post them soon.

    Tina- And you make my day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You peeps have splendid photography skills. Your photos are excellent. :) (also: one of the best best hymns ever written.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the compliment, Laura :-)

    Yes, it is. I need to pay more attention to the words when I sing hymns. A few days ago I read The Son of God Goes Forth To War. The words to it are powerful.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are the kind of pictures I like. Just ‘everyday’ pictures. Capturing the joy and hardships of life…
    ~Aidyl

    ReplyDelete