I
have been absent far too long. I meant to write about Liberty Day; about seeing
the Phillips again after five years; about the next day when we went to the
Higgins and stayed for dinner and played the first Frisbee game of the year;
about the warmest spring ever and about what I’m reading. And then I meant to
write about the day our family doubled from three kids to six…
…but
life picked so much speed that when I did find a quiet minute, all I wanted to
do was to sit and think.
But, finally,
I have grabbed an afternoon hour and some stamina, so here I am.
[I’ve
missed writing on my blog – well, writing in general]
It all started went we took in two boys from a sibling group of four....
We fostered
them for two days before the case worker came to visit and asked us if we’d
consider taking the boys’ elder sister, Angel, as well. Angel was too much for
the foster family she was in and the case worker said they were going to send
her to a shelter, unless we would take her. Dad said:
Over my dead body!
So
now we have Angel. She is nine.
Emmanuel
is seven. His eighth birthday is next Monday.
And
Jacob is six.
I
will write again later and tell funny stories – stuff worth writing about is
going on here now.
But
I think it’s almost lunch time. There – I
hear the bell.
A Bientot!
Busy, busy, busy. But, glad to see that you guys are stilling looking so stylish with those last pictures.
ReplyDelete~Bree
How very exciting! I am so glad for you.
ReplyDeleteNow those glasses are just the thing. Do you all have a pair, or where you just swapping them around for the pictures? I think you all would make quite the fashion statement if you all walked into the local grocery store wearing them.
~Allison