Tuesday, March 6, 2012

To Capture A Day


I want to write about today, because today was a perfect day. The sun and the wind and the fickle March weather, so that we could have our French doors open, made me think of how warm weather will feel when the grass is green, when we can play Frisbee again. I was cooking asparagus soup this afternoon and the late sun shone through the eight French doors more golden than I can remember it ever shining this winter, so I went to one and opened it and stepped outside and had to stand in the sun for a few minutes and feel the wind blow and then I opened another French door and left them both open and the wind blew the papers with Mom's farming plans onto the floor and it was so beautiful the only music on my iPod that fit was Josh Groban, so I put him on.

I finished cooking and I went into the library and opened a window in there and sat down at my baby grand and played this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTkzyyv0DuA while the boys played airsoft outside and the wind blew the curtain against me, and while I played I looked out the window and I saw Pete across the street come out of his house with a pellet gun and a cushion. He laid the cushion on the the roof of his wife's car and put the gun in the back of his truck, then walked a little ways and set up a target, came back and taking his gun, broke it and put in a pellet, then he put it up to his shoulder and rested his gun on the cushion on the roof of his wife's car and took a shot. I looked away from the window and after a while when I looked back he was gone. I like Pete. He makes our neighborhood a real neighborhood.

Then I saw the last of the sun before it went down behind the trees.



I didn't want the day go, but I managed to capture a bit on the roses.

Now I must be off to bed if I want to get up at all, never mind within the six o'clock hour to get to the Speech and Debate Tournament tomorrow. I'm going to judge (in the interp. category, I believe).

It was nice chatting your head off. Goodbye.

P.S. My blog had a birthday and I didn't remember to note it! Well - happy birthday, From the Garret. Here's to surviving a year. And here's to wishing you many more!







1 comment:

  1. I am going to draw someone. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete