I don't want to leave behind last year. It was good to me
It was better than the year before it. In this one I did so many things
made new friends
deepened old friendships.
I learned to give my heart, the whole, into my papa's hands with joy, in awe. And
learned him better as a friend.
My mind did a year's worth of musing, wondering, philosophizing in my basic way. It is a year older and year wiser and a year more prepared
than it was before last year. It feels younger, because it grows more thankful, my mind does. It tries to celebrate little things,
what some people's eyes and hearts miss, because they don't stand still and look. God, in the year I just stepped from, was helping me to see things for what they are. In their essence. At face value. To see the heart of a thing, a person, a place, an idea is what seems to matter most when all is said and done.
I think that's how I want to say it.
I think that's how I want to say it.
What I want to say most of all and what I'm trying to say, is that last year was good. It was so good that I can't remember the bad, which might only be an infirmity of character. I have incessantly optimistic, selective memory.
I like to look ahead, too, as well as back, because I don't know what's out there and the mystery excites me. Sometimes, it's unsettling, because I'm a comfortable human and don't like change. All the same, I think I hear it knocking at the front door. It'll come in. Well, I'm not stopping it. I'm sitting here with my feet propped before the fire in my cozy hole, waiting for another adventure. I'll welcome it when it arrives and demands a seed cake and a mug of ale.
I don't quite know what I'm saying, but
I don't quite know what I'm saying, but
I welcome this new year, two-thousand and twelve, because I'd rather go forward than back. I'd not like to go back, no matter how nice it was. It was hard work to get here. Besides, I like what I see.
I am hopeful in the new year.
This will be a good one.

That is a spectacular photo!!
ReplyDeleteThis was a beautifully written post.
ReplyDeleteMay you look back on 2012 someday as even better than 2011.
ReplyDeleteI like the cozy hole, seed cake, mug of ale line. It's one of the first things we noted this year. (Hobbit comes out!):)