My brother and my father drove to Canada today.
They're there now
with the huskies and the deep snow.
Tomorrow they dogsled
and at night they'll sleep outdoors
in igloos, maybe.
I am here
at home.
I think we declared today a holiday, my sister and I
without meaning to.
Last night, we downloaded and watched movies off of iTunes
until three in the morning [I know it was most dreadful],
and I meant to get up at eight as I said I would,
but, thinking about it,
I hardly believe that would've been possible.
I remember drifting awake at nine this morning and staring at my arms in a dizzy muse
thinking that they looked unearthly white,
then I dropped off to sleep again
not emerging from beneath my covers until almost noon.
I took a shower and cleaned my room and
while Mum was out, Sis and I watched funny movies on yahoo
then I played piano
and drank a smoothie,
after which I took one of the many children's books I like to read
to my bed where my little tiger, Emma, lay asleep.
After a chapter
I too fell asleep, snuggled up
with an arm around the Tabby's warm body
until the dinner bell rang.
While we ate, Mom, Tasha and I,
the girls, all alone,
we figured what we had to do the rest of the week
and also decided not to waste time on any more movies,
since it's better to focus on projects instead
and we do have a lot to do.
Tasha says she must finish fixing up the shed for the new batch of chicks
which are coming in February
and I must finish writing my speech for club
so that I can practice it the whole of next week.
I also want to read a few different books
and begin planning a story which
I hope to write.
All the same,
I enjoyed my holiday.
God is good.
I forgot to mention to myself
here on my blog
that it has snowed finally
for the first time this winter
and it's very beautiful
and it means we will go skiing soon
I hope.
That is all.
A great update, Taralyn. Staying up late and sleeping in is a way I can waste time, too. Hope you get lots of projects done. Have a great week. Miss you all. Love, Mrs. H.
ReplyDeleteI love that kind of holiday. *happy sigh*
ReplyDeleteand I bet I can guess what you were playing on the piano... :)