Thursday, October 6, 2011

Golden Days




We went to the woods for an hour, between the morning and the afternoon, when the sun was hot. I brought the camera along. Tasha didn't want me to, but I did, and we're glad.
I like to remember my Indian Summers.


We looked for the homeless fellow who lives in these woods. He's harmless, really. He leaves his garbage everywhere and sleeps under a chip wood board.



 

We slid down the rock slide into the valley


And sat in the dust and the stones


 And had a photo shoot





Calvin decided to, um.. smell Tasha's shirt


And we laughed



And chatted


And walked through our valley



And blew fuzzies to the wind


And lay on our stomachs in the grass 


[A naughty smile and a single fuzzy]


[What came of it]



Calvin died and we laid wild flowers upon his breast




I dreamed of Scotland in a thistle


And Calvin climbed a tree


We went to the pond




And found a shy spider


Who would hardly stop to pose


When an hour was up, we ran back home
To weed the garden 


THE END

6 comments:

  1. Ah. I like pictures.

    Good story.

    Love this weather. Love you people. Love your pretty valley. Love the memories attached to that T-shirt. And love thistles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. I love you people, too!

    Tasha wishes me to inform you that the very same thistle is being dried for you. And you can keep it and remember all the things you love by it =)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sibling photo shoots are the best. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks like so much fun!!!
    I love going on long walks with my siblings too. It's a great time to get to know each other better.
    The other day Michael and I took a very long one and talked about tons of stuff while we collected acorns for mommy. :)

    God bless,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your earrings.
    And I love the way you write! It's a pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete