Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Apples and A Red Pencil on A Rainy Day

Today was a rainy day
And I drew with a red pencil all morning
Till a girl appeared.
It was one of Calvin's coloured pencils with an eraser on the end and a simple, red point, if you sharpened it. Also, a white piece of paper, with nothing on it at all. But, if you move the pencil around properly on the paper, you can make the red stuff look like shiny eyes and the nose and mouth of a girl looking up to heaven and praying. If you move the pencil wrong, it'll look like red pencil and that is all.
It's like math. It has to be right, or else it's wrong.
It's like God's law in the Bible.

I haven't finished it yet, but I'll put it up (for some visual interest):



This rainy afternoon, the new apple peeler gadget came by UPS and we had a box of old organic apples in the sunroom. So, Mom said, "Peel and cut the apples and freeze them."
So I asked what for. And she said for apple pies, maybe. So I said, "Why not make apple pies then, and freeze the apple pies?"
So we made apple pies while Mom went shopping.

Calvin peeled and cored and cut the apples, thoroughly enjoying himself, and Tasha made the pastry. I began cleaning up Calvin's cut apples and putting them in a bowl, but I never like doing one thing at a time. I have to do two, so Calvin and I decided we wanted to listen to 'The Importance of Being Earnest' (for the gazillionth time), but ended up hunting for the line-in instead. Never found it. How do you loose two line-ins in two-thousand square feet of space! And one of them's about thirty feet long.

So we made apple pies in silence, cause we didn't want to listen to the radio today.
And we made a huge, sticky, floury mess and I made a wheat-free blueberry pie for Mom, cause she couldn't have the apple pies and Tasha made two apple crisps as well as three apple pies. Then I cleaned up the kitchen a bit and Tasha and Calvin decorated the apple pie crusts, each according to his own taste. Calvin made a scope and a silenced pistol and Tasha made hearts.

Then we ate dinner when Mom came home.

It was a good day.

6 comments:

  1. Now, I can say without hesitation that I have never seen an apple pie that looks like the one Calvin made. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But, if you move the pencil around properly on the paper, you can make the red stuff look like shiny eyes and the nose and mouth of a girl looking up to heaven and praying. If you move the pencil wrong, it'll look like red pencil and that is all."

    I definitely fall in the second category. haha.

    aaand my ninjas are on their right now to bring me some of your apple pie & blueberry pie & apple crisp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. =O Did you draw that from imagination or from a picture? Either way, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Faith!

    =P I copied it from a painting. lol. I'm not *that* good yet =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Thanks for all your comments!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete