I did it in three hours. I'm practicing quick sketching, because I hate the idea of spending hours and hours on grids and endless details, like I did on this one:
I like details, but vague details that let the viewer use some imagination. It's like a good book, when the author doesn't spell out everything, but leaves some things to the reader. People like to use their imaginations.
T~Rose
Why do I keep being amazed? I know you're amazing at drawing, but...ah! This is incredible!
ReplyDeleteThe first is in charcoal, right? That is such a good style for the mysterious, shadowy ranger.
And the second - ah! - it is so real. How does one use a bit of grey pencil on a blank white paper and bring out a face that's so real? It's beautiful. Is it someone you know or from a picture?
Love it!
Hey, thanks!
ReplyDeleteThe first one is charcoal. And I don't know the girl. Got her from a magazine-I just HAD to draw the eyes.
Thanks for commenting!
=P
T~
Simply amazing. I don't know how you do it. You're a genius.
ReplyDelete(now we need you to go petition Mr.B to give us art lessons again.=)
AHHHHHHHH!!
ReplyDelete*tries to restrain childishness*
*fails*
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I love. On both accounts. Sketchy is awesome, but so is gorgeous detail. It must be lovely to be adept at both. :)
I would buy a print of this. yes I would.
ReplyDeleteWould you?
ReplyDelete=D
Taralyn!!!! guess who??? =) hahahaha...I absolutely ADORE your pictures, art and your blog!!!!!!!!!!!! specially that ranger...his name is Strider isn't it? =)hehe...
ReplyDeleteI also have a blog now =)so HAD to find yours and follow it!
keep up all the amazing writing and sketching...and definitely dive into some painting! I've also been thinking of painting lately...I want to try paint faces for a change =)
Anyways...miss you and all the other carlies terribly!!! Give them all hugs from me =)
Lots of Love
xxxx
Your Zimbabwean Cuzzie