Saturday, June 18, 2011

From A Real Man's Daughter



I know Fathers' Day is tomorrow, but I'm posting this now.
It is a poem that I wrote for my Daddy Derek:

Men who enjoy having fun in a game;
Men that've nothing to show;
Men who will talk and are willing to learn,
Are the best of the teachers I know.

Men who have nothing to prove;
Don't flatter with words, or spin fluff;
Men who aren't scared to offend with God's Word,
Are men who are truthful and just.

Men who have nothing to lose;
Who will sacrifice all to do right;
Men who can sit and take scorning and hate,
Are men you can trust with your life.

Some men don't look like much
And never would boast that they are;
You'd easily walk on past them each day,
Without a thought or a stare.

These men, they don't say all the things that they know,
Nor impart all their wisdom at once.
You might have to sit down and listen a while, or
Have a chat or two over lunch.

Men who are humble, who are willing to lead,
Are scarce and hard to find.
We might only meet one, maybe two, in our lives.
My Daddy, he's one of these kind.



Happy Father's Day!


Soli Deo Gloria!
~Taralyn Rose~

  

4 comments:

  1. Love it, Taralyn.

    And so true. I am very blessed to sit under such a man's teaching every Sunday.

    And I am sooo thankful for my Dad. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it MORE, Taralyn. =) (I've been waiting for this to be posted for a long time.)

    And... ditto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taralyn Rose,

    I love this poem, very sweet! I especially love the last stanza- it makes me so grateful for my father and all men who stand and lead their families. Thank you for posting.

    In Christ,
    Maddie

    ReplyDelete