Thursday, September 20, 2012

In General

I'm posting a couple of pictures, but not much else. I'm pretty sure you couldn't benefit or be entertained by anything I could hammer out this afternoon. I'm posting in a desperate attempt to not be like those people who post something random once a month and are forgotten in between, but I have a hunch I already am one of those people: here is my random post. Now you can forget about me.

I'm not desperately trying to be funny, no matter how much it sounds like it. I'm only trying to write something, anything at all. These days words aren't finding me easy. I'm hoping in time they'll come.

All is well here. I've baked bread and washed and dried two loads of laundry while reading a new book from the library while thinking about my own writing in general. I was about to make cornbread for dinner, but Mother says we don't need it. So I'm planning on reading my book and being responsible working on a terrifying writing assignment. It's not really, I just make it so.

The best thing about today, honestly, is that I am getting the concept of following a list, or a schedule. I won't be so optimistic as to say I followed it well, but today may be my best day yet. I find it difficult to go by the clock and work from a plan, but I'm anxious to get it right so that our days will run smoothly. That's how it works, you know.

This was only my day and it is so selfish to talk about oneself.

...Forgive me.

I will talk soon.

 


    
Sweet pictures made my day :-) 

5 comments:

  1. Despite your sparse posting, I still look forward to your posts. :)

    I wonder what would happen if you followed something of a structure for writing. Would it make writing easier for you? (I just thought of this because you mentioned following a schedule for your day.) It does seem like a chronic struggle for you to find words, and I wondering if you ever found anything that helps. Or it could simply be that you've been occupied with the kids and haven't had enough time for thinking and reflection.

    "This was only my day and it is so selfish to talk about oneself." I wouldn't say so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loved the photos! The kids look so happy. Do you remember those days of being able to just sit down with a pile of legos, or crayons, or other creative materials? I miss those days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments!

    Gem- Yeah, I do miss those days, especially seeing them playing out before my eyes in these children. I definitely wish for some of that carefree time back.

    ReplyDelete