Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Watercolor Seaside

I promised a friend I'd put this painting up on my blog. I did it for my watercolor class. I don't know if I enjoy painting with water. It isn't forgiving.

It's my sister when she was four on a beach in Cape Town.



When I was down beside the sea



A wooden spade they gave to me
To dig the sandy shore.
My holes were empty like a cup.
In every hole the sea came up
Till it could come no more.




9 comments:

  1. That it beautiful!!!
    I LOVE watercolours. My little sister paints with water colors so beautifully but I could never get the hang of it.
    This painting is so full of life and, well... SEASIDE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still in love with the reflection on the sand.

    nice work, taralyn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Echo on the reflection.

    I want to come look at all of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is unbelievable. I didn't know you could do that!! =) (but of course, you're an incredible artist, so why couldn't you?)

    Someday I would like to try my hand at painting. Just to see what it's like.


    Yes! Please keep posting your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely, Taralyn!

    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete