I should write my own post and stop looking at other people's blogs. I just think that I have nothing whatsoever to say (I'll assure you I don't), but I'm feeling bad that I haven't written a post in...I can't bare to think how long.
I have few photos, because our computer broke two weeks ago in yet another power failer and I thought I'd loose all my word documents. I might still, in fact, and we're proceeding to figure that one out...
The computer at which I'm writing is entirely new: the monitor, the key board, the tower.
Even the mouse.
I can't begin to appreciate the nobleness of my father to fix this computer problem, he being extremely busy with writing his sermon. He did it without a complaint, and, now that I think about it, without a sigh or a comment either.
This past week, I participated in an art camp and painted a picture with water colours (British Spelling) and enjoyed myself immensely, because afterwards we went to our friend's house and swam in their lake and played ping-pong without the ping-pong table.
I'm hoping to learn to paint better, in the future.
I've been reading a novel. A fantasy novel and I think it's effecting my thought life. It doesn't make bad thoughts, just no thoughts at all... that's a bad thing.
Apart from that, I'm really having a good time with the story and figuring out the author's world view. The author is conservative and he keeps good and bad obviously separate. He also does not make bad characters bad because of being born that way and good people inevitably good and he shows how evil can creep in the back door if people are not vigilant and how our world can be won back only by first becoming strong in seclusion and then fighting together with one mind. But, if there is a single traitor in our midst, acting as leader, the thing can fail.
I'm having a hard time today finding the right words.
I wonder how much one should say and how much one should not say. When someone is speaking something you don't believe in, should you just sit? What if they are wanting you to agree? Should you nod, or should you not? I chose to not. I also chose to not say anything at all, but instead, just listen. Was that good? Probably. It's often better to say less than more. If words wouldn't come, I chose not to force them, but instead, thought about my answer for next time, encase there will be a next time.
It's good to be silent.
It's been good writing again, but chicken is on the fire outside and my family is relaxing on the deck, so I must leave my rusty post at that and hope that you will give it grace.
Sincerely,
Taralyn Rose
three cheers for british spelling! :)
ReplyDeleteI've often wrestled with the question of when to speak & when to merely listen without expressing agreement. It's not always an easy call to make.
Oh good! I'm glad you managed to make head or tail of it =)
ReplyDelete[inside comment: Did you spot your word?] ;-)
[I found it. =]]
ReplyDeletealso, I can't believe this was from July. six months flown, just like that.
Wow...I wouldn't have guessed!
ReplyDelete