Friday, July 15, 2011

A Beautiful and Blinding Morning


I still light the candle by my bed before I go to sleep, because I like its flickering flame and the yellow light it makes. It sort of dances on the ceiling and on the quilt on my bed, as if it's alive. It is alive.

My bed and Tasha's bed are side by side under the window. I wonder how much longer it will be this way.

If I could make these moments endless
If I could stop the winds of change...

Some songs make me hurt inside, because they make me thing of things I don't want to think of. Like the future. Sometimes the past.

We used to be next-door neighbors to a family of ten children. They were the ones that helped us settle down in our new country and they took us places and showed us things. They accepted us and we became like family. That was for two and a half years, then we moved and everything changed.

...If we just keep our eyes wide open
Then everything would stay the same

Tasha and I listened to music in bed last night. I love the song "Awake" by Josh Groban.
I said, "It makes me think of leaving the Doves."

And I know that only time will tell us how
To carry on without each other

We were laying on our backs in bed. Tasha turned over.
"It makes me think of now," she said.
I glanced at her.

 We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me
Today...

"It does," I said.
And I tried to imagine what life will be like when it's different. In a few years, we'll look back on now and feel the same way we do about Zimbabwe and about the Doves. Time doesn't slow down. Not a tick. I need to live in the present, instead of the past, and enjoy every minute, before it's gone.

We'll let tomorrow wait
You're here right now
With me...

Will you remember?
Oh, will you remember?

Remember all the love we shared today.

3 comments:

  1. Good post, Taralyn. That song makes me ache inside, too. For the past and for now. It's something I think about a lot... how much longer will we be like this?

    Miss you guys.

    -K (Dove=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Taralyn! I love this post! Songs can make me ache, too. I have never heard to read someone state that before, but it is certainly true for me. I am going to listen to Josh's song tonight. Miss your family and the Dove's, too. Love, Mrs. Houghton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mrs. Houghton =) Yes, some songs are full of memories...
    I miss you guys too and I hope we can all get together soon.
    Love, Taralyn~

    ReplyDelete