Wednesday, August 3, 2016

A three year old post.

(I found it in my drafts, and I'm posting it, because it has good memories and funny stuff, if a few incomplete thoughts...)

Beautiful day, sun on snow. And the deepest snow we've seen in a while, since it snowed all day on Tuesday and left us with about six inches on top of the old two. Calvin has taken the kids to the quarry in the woods to sled and I just ran over to Pete's to see if he's home from his operation.

He tore his triceps muscle off the bone last week at work. And he was out shoveling his driveway the next morning one-handed and Mom spoke with him on the way back from the bus stop and said to let us know if we could help in any way. Well, he said he might need some help after his operation.
Pete's wife, Sharron, has a serious lung disease. She's on oxygen and she's not very strong, so Pete does the chores and walking up and down the basement stairs to do laundry. So, the Williams and us will take meals over and help with the laundry and things for a while.

A funny thing: we communicate and coordinate with the Williams over email, but with Pete we walk over and knock on his door. I don't think we even have his phone number.

Darrel's making cornbread for his family and Pete and Sharron for dinner and he said he'd bring us over some along with the recipe, because he says it's authentic Southern cornbread and that it's the best cornbread you could ever taste and I've for a fact never successfully made a cornbread worth eating.

Javie used to say that when he grows up he wants to be Mr. McGregor. But now he says he wants to be a farm girl, because he'd like to be a farmer like Tasha.

Something embarrassing: I'm reading Lamb's Tales from Shakespeare. What's embarrassing about this is that these are the plays told in prose for five to eight year old children who are too young yet to understand actual Shakespeare. I found it in the adult section of the library. I'm just looking for a good story, so I'd rather enjoy the basic plots than tackle

Oh my goodness. I'm laughing so hard. Carlos has stuffed his judo pants and gee with pillows, one up his shirt and one in his pants and now he is executing Parkor moves on the couch and falling off balance.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment