It leaves you with no end of variety.
I plan dinner around speech club,
watch debate videos with my younger brother
And read The Count of Monte Cristo in between.
I'm writing this blog post one minute and diving to clean up baby puke the next.
[At least I'm writing].
I'm keeping my eye on the new crawler -- he's playing
Under the piano
And I'm trying to make him smile
And making sure he doesn't knock his head on the rocking horse,
And listening to my big sister reading "The Tale of Samuel Whiskers"
Aloud to a little blond guest, who says, when the tale is done,
"Would you like to catch rats?"
I think I just might.
I played the piano in the middle of the morning
[it was tuned on Tuesday]
And then learned about presupposition and induction
From the same man who trained my dad to be a pastor.
Our house is full of church family today--
Ladies who want to learn to sew,
So that they can bless their families.
And I am watching the baby.
I'm trying to keep wires and dirt out of his mouth
And making sure he doesn't pull the lamp
Down on top of him.
He's sitting on my knee now. This is what
He has to say:
Bl,lfvgdnh vb j n muuuuuj o vvbuyjiit.
He wrote it himself.
I am in a distracted state of mind. But
I think it'll be like this when I'm a mom
Someday, Lord willing.
I didn't sit down to a text book today,
But I learned and practiced those things
I'll be practicing till I die.
Homeschooling:
I can choose to love it or to hate it,
but I'm going to do it for the rest
Of my life.
Me and my bro watching a Bahnsen debate and taking notes on our spiffy comuters.
Brain overload!
I'm in the middle of Count of Monte Cristo right now!(thanks to you.=)
ReplyDeleteSuch profound words of wisdom from Ashton. ;) I love it.
Thanks for the post.
How far are you in The Count of Monte Cristo, and how are you liking it? =) It's been a while since I read it, and I remember thinking the plot was wandering... until I reached the end. Wow! I think I should read it again sometime.
ReplyDeleteOooh. Which book by Bahnsen?
ReplyDeleteI love doing five things at once... as long as they are all going smoothly. :) Which, doesn't happen all the time; surprisingly enough.
YOUR PIANO WAS TUNED??
ReplyDeleteoh. well, no biggie. but if you happen to see a suspicious figure prowling beneath your window tonight, don't be alarmed. it just may or may not be someone sneaking in to play ludovico einaudi on your sweet piano. =]
I liked your description of the little people. wires, dirt, crashing lamps... I think mini-humans are programmed to destroy as much as they can before they grow old & wise. I like them that way. =]
Hey, hey!
ReplyDeleteKaitlyn:...and now you've finished it, you say. Very good. Hehe, yep! Ashton insisted on posting something on my blog.
Faith: I've only just started it and I'm on chapter 7. I like it so far. It started off pretty fast, then slows down when they talk politics. But on the whole, I think it's a faster read than, for instance, 'War and Peace', because Dumas seems more focust on the plot, and less on character developement than Tolstoy. Yeah, you should read it again! =P
Mollie: Calvin and I were watching a debat between Bahnsen and Tabash (an atheist)called 'Is God True?'. You could borrow it some time. It's really really good! I've yet to read one of Bahnsen's books =)
Rory a.k.a. Krissy: If I happen to see a suspicious figure sitting at the piano tonight, playing that beautiful song, I'll sit and listen and I won't tell anybody, only if it will teach it to me afterward.
P.S. Thanks for all your comments!
"Count of Monte Cristo" is on my list to read, too. Eventually...
ReplyDeleteASHTON. I'm a huge fan. LOL at Kristen's "I think mini-humans are programmed to destroy as much as they can before they grow old & wise."
ha. I like the "brain overload" picture. I can relate. 0=)
ReplyDelete