We make bread every week.
It's been failing more of late. Well, it doesn't fail. It just doesn't rise, or it rises and then is left too long and it falls again or it gets burnt, but we still eat it and it's still good with butter.
While Mom battles sticky bread, Calvin complains that he feels as nervous writing letters as he does at violin recitals.
Trouble. You can see it all over his dirty little face.
Take a good long look. This is not how it's supposed to be.
Mum is going to be mortified when she finds out I've put these up on my blog.
She'd naturally want you to see a perfect batch; one where the dough is springy and not too hard and not too soft and definitely one that doesn't stick to your fingers, so that you can see how to make bread and how easy it is.
But life's not like that.
Life is just like bread.
Things happen and we must just laugh and make the best of a bad loaf.
Sometimes life is sticky.
The End.
~Pictures by Taralyn Rose~
P.S. The bread wasn't bad at all. It rose almost all the way and it didn't burn.
But I didn't take a picture.
Bread! I love bread.
ReplyDelete"Trouble. You can see it all over his dirty little face."
mmmhm. I live with Trouble's twin, called Daniel.
"Sometimes life is sticky."
This remind me of Winnie the Pooh: Good friends will stick with you until you're unstuck.
:)
Haha! Thank you and agreed =)
ReplyDelete